Friday, January 3, 2014

Welcoming 2014

It's that time of the year again, when we do what we do every New Year!

1) SAME New Year Resolutions or NEW New year resolutions!
Whatever it is, at least you are part of the bandwagon. After 4 months, its the same story, Resolution, what resolution!!? Forbes says " Two out of three of us make New Year’s resolutions. Only 8% keep them." I have never tried making a Resolution because I am sure I would fall in the rest 92% category. I can never stick to them. I would prefer doing it first rather than making promises and then not being able to stand true to those promises.
A very good example is this blog. December 2012 I said i won't disappear again, but I did for one entire year until my previous post. I better keep mum!

2) Reflecting on the year gone by and plan for the New one.
It was not a great year for us but taking on the positive avatar (which I am usually not) I would say it could have been worse but it was not, so it was very very good!
This year did make me realise one thing, Being Thankful. I admit, I am not the appreciative and grateful types in general for everything and everybody around me in my life. It's just about stopping for a moment, analysing and being grateful of the fact that we are blessed with the people around us. Work, deadlines, targets, health, food, family, friends etc...we get so busy and lost in them that we forget to thank and be happy about having them in our lives.The few followers I have here, those generous comments I get from people who I don't even know does make a lot of difference. I am really really thankful to everyone who visits my blog. You keep me moving and striving for more. :)

Robert Brault said 'Enjoy the little things in life for one day you will look back and realise they were the big things' I am trying to do that and if I can add to it, Be thankful about them as well ;)

On this note, Wishing you all a very HAPPY 2014!!
If you are making those resolutions and struggling to keep them, you might like to refer to Forbes article I found '4 Simple Ways To Have A Better Shot At Keeping Your New Year's Resolutions' for some tips! Good luck :)

And yes, I am sharing few of my first attempt pictures of the New Year Fireworks that happened at the world's tallest building Burj Khalfia on the New Year's Eve. Not to forget we did break another world record with the fireworks too....

Copyright Prachee Kapoor
Copyright Prachee Kapoor
Copyright Prachee Kapoor


  1. Happy to read your first squeak of 2014. Thanks for sharing Robert Berault's words. I guess the very first time such thoughts hit us is after our school years...
    The first attempt at clicking fireworks is terrific! Keep it up!

    1. Thank you my dwar friend and dedicated follower!

  2. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

  3. Great post. All readers will definitely like this post. Looking forward for your next post.

  4. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

  5. very informative post American state|on behalf of me} as i'm perpetually craving for new content that may facilitate me and my data grow higher.

  6. Hi, extremely nice effort. everybody should scan this text. Thanks for sharing.

  7. Great article, Thanks for your nice data, the content is quiet attention-grabbing. i'll be expecting your next post.